[3D Printing] IEEE SA - P3333.2.5 - Bio-CAD File Format for Medical Three-Dimensional (3D) Printing

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jan 14 16:18:27 UTC 2016

Smith,

Yes, another 3D file format, but one whose goal appears to be standardizing interchange between different kinds of medical equipment and software that uses the data to build a printable 3D model.  Think CAT scans, ultrasounds, etc. where the data consists of N layers that have to be processed and converted to a geometric model (instead of a volumetric model).