[Cloud] Fwd: NIST cloud defs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 15 19:14:37 UTC 2011

Glen,

While I like the substance of the definition, I am uneasy about copying their words like this - it would be good to contact the authors to get their written permission so that we credit them appropriately in the cloud model spec.

Also, since we *are* doing Cloud Imaging, we probably want the definition to use Cloud Imaging instead of Cloud Printing and Imaging Device instead of Printer.

Thanks!

On Apr 15, 2011, at 8:44 AM, Petrie, Glen wrote:

> Based on the article referenced below I modified in an attempt to create a definition for cloud printing.   I thought it could be reviewed to see if could be useful definition.   In most cases, I literal changed “computing” to “printing” (or printer).  I also added a few print related items.
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/white/CloudPrintingDef_V01_-_A_Suggestion.doc
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/white/CloudPrintingDef_V01_-_A_Suggestion.pdf
>
> glen

believed to be clean.