[Cloud] Fwd: NIST cloud defs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Apr 15 21:31:03 UTC 2011

On Apr 15, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Petrie, Glen wrote:
> Michael,  I been investigating “Cloud Imaging” on the WWW.   Beyond referring to actual imaging of clouds; it appears that Cloud Imaging is associated with actual “images” (photo, picture, …) and not with printing (scanning, copying).

Given that we are basically including file transformations as part of the functional model, and that our definition of imaging devices includes projectors and displays as well as hardcopy devices, I don't see a conflict here. We certainly have a broader definition of imaging than most, but people *will* find us if they search - particularly since I expect most of our documents and are going to include the words "cloud" and "printing", "scanning", "fax", etc. as we define those services.

believed to be clean.