[Cloud] NIST cloud defs

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Apr 15 21:42:29 UTC 2011

I disagree with Ira statement; tech people will want a definition of
Cloud Printing and not be referred to some NIST definition on cloud
computing which they associate with software not printing.  Unless NIST
where to provide a definition for cloud printing (scan, copy), it is the
PWG that provides printing related cloud definitions.

(The government does not have patents and contractors that work on
government contracts can not patent work funded directly by the
contract.  (That based on 15 years of research work for government
contractors.)  Copyright fall in the same area.  I.e. a government photo
can be copyrighted by the government. All work done by and directly
funded by the government is in the public domain.)