[Cloud] cloud reference diagram

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 03:32:49 UTC 2012

Hi Randy,

Your diagram correlates to the PWG model, although the names are different.
I think one intent with the PWG Cloud printing  diagram was to follow the
basic print interfaces already defined. We did back off from defining
interfaces for registration and association, understanding that these are
not print specific. Therefore the Cloud Print Service is (at this point)
just a print service that happens to be in the Cloud, for which (it is
currently believed) the Client interface will follow the general Client to
Print Service interface. The Cloud Print Manager appears to be a new entity,
but it is unclear to me at this point how different this is from just
another print service that happens to  interface between a physical printer
and a print service in the cloud.

This approach needs to be worked on of course, and may not be an optimum
model. But it seemed better to start with something based on the existing
print model.
Thanks,
Bill Wagner