[Cloud] new use case for cloud printing

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 20:55:15 UTC 2012

The scenario is interesting, but I think the conditions you suggest (Cloud
or printer needs to authenticate on behalf of Alice to get access to the
photos, but cannot use Alice's credentials) make this a problem in
authentication/authorization akin to other cloud service issues rather than
represent a printing specific issue. I think we discussed a similar case at
the meeting and decided we would defer to cloud service provider solutions
such as used in allowing friends to view cloud based photo albums or have
files shared via Dropbox (send the link/password encrypted??); or revert to
having Alice pull the photos though her device.

But even if we do not attempt to define a solution, I agree that this is a
potentially valid use case that we might list but decline to address.

Opinions from others in the working group??

Bill Wagner