[Cloud] new use case for cloud printing

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 16:30:40 UTC 2012

Hi Ira,

I am very glad that  you and Mike intend to proceed with the IPP Cloud
Binding, as I am to see that Pete indicates that a basis for the SOAP-based
binding exists. The IPP slides were rather vague  on the Cloud effort, but
of course the Cloud group still has a significant amount of work to do on
the model.

My comment reflected on the fact that the IPP WG (and especially  you, Mike
and Pete) have done a lot on the IPP Everywhere related efforts, which are
coming to a conclusion. I fully understand that we all must direct our
efforts in line with the need for gainful employment, and we must over-rely
on those whose dedication to a project goes beyond that. I hope that more
will  recognize the value in this work and will contribute to it.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner