[Cloud] Minutes posted from today's concall

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Tue Sep 25 17:56:01 UTC 2012

Exactly…that was my thinking as well.

When we move a print service from a "local" network to "The Cloud",  it really becomes a network transport and AAA problem, which seems a separate realm from the PWG semantic model.

I would think there would be no impact on a "job ticket"

I think this may be the case that Bill W. mentioned in a previous email….for a lack of another group to take up the job ticket work, this work was relegated to the cloud group -- I think I remember something about it, but from a schedule perspective, I'm assuming that the two efforts (cloud and job ticket) are separate, and that it's possible to advance one without the other.

Randy

On Sep 24, 2012, at 6:31 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> Randy,
>
> On 2012-09-24, at 6:26 PM, Randy Turner <rturner at amalfisystems.com> wrote:
>> Regarding your earlier email statement (above), I was under the impression that there was nothing that needed to be "adapted".  Meaning, we would like a Cloud printer to behave pretty much the same way we would any other print service (like on an internal enterprise network).  This was based on a discussion at the last face-to-face meeting ( I believe ).
>
> From the Client perspective, this remains to be the case.  Client prints to Cloud service and that service looks just like a printer.
>
> However, the Cloud to Printer interface is different than we've supported before, mainly because we want a firewall/router-friendly interface and not something that needs to be "punched" through to allow for communications.

believed to be clean.