[Cloud] Cloud Imaging and IPP Printer and Print Job States

K.D. Lucas kdlucas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:51:32 UTC 2013

I was looking over IPP definitions for Printer and Print Job states,
according to RFC 2911 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911>. I found these
in section 4.3.7 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911#section-4.3.7>,
4.3.8<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911#section-4.3.8>,
4.4.11, <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911#section-4.4.11> and
4.4.12<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2911#section-4.4.12>
.

I have a few questions:

   1. Is this the latest definitions for Printer and Print Job Statuses?
   2. Has Cloud Print Imaging adopted/used these definitions?
   3. If so, it looks like the "Reasons" why printers and print jobs get
   into their various states is the most significant piece of information in
   these definitions. Under reasons, there seems to be some ambiguous
   definitions. It's not clear to me that many of the reasons are needed.

I'm also slightly confused about the distinction between the IPP Everywhere
Group and the Cloud Imaging Group. Is the Cloud Imaging group focused on
the use case where there is a Cloud Print Service in between the printer
device and the client? Correspondingly I'm guessing IPP Everywhere does not
address interoperability of potential 3rd party Cloud Print Services. Am I
interpreting that correctly?

Kelly
kdLucas

believed to be clean.