[Cloud] Semantic Parsing of Capabilities: Cloud Device Description Capabilities

K.D. Lucas kdlucas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:38:18 UTC 2013

Hello Cloud Print Aficionados,

I wanted to inform you that the Google Cloud Print team is proposing a new
capabilities format that will allow us to take advantage of semantic
options, something we're calling *Cloud Device Description *(*CDD*) format,
and can be used from printers to a host of other devices that may be used
with our service.

This is our rough draft of our proposal. We are proposing this capabilities
format in order to provide a more uniform experience for our Cloud Print
users, as correctly parsing various PPD files is challenging and ultimately
not feasible.

Since I know this group has thought about Cloud Printing for quite some
time, and has significant experience with the issues around Cloud Printing,
we welcome any feedback or comments you might have. I've attached the
specification as a PDF file.

I won't be around to make your next face-to-face meeting, but I've been
reading some of the emails regarding this meeting.

Regards,

Kelly
kdLucas

believed to be clean.