[Cloud] Minutes posted from today's conference call

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Thu Apr 11 18:30:15 UTC 2013

Thanks for the comments during the April 1 Cloud conference call. Sorry that
I could not have been on the call. Also, I have not seen any discussion of
this material on the mail list.

 Some questions.

For Administrative Client Operations, I assume
PausePrintServiceAfterCurrentJob is also removed. I would have expected that
DisablePrintService, EnablePrintService, SetPrintServiceElements, and
ShutdownPrintService should also be removed for the same reason.

With respect to the comments on the proposed Cloud Print Manager to Cloud
Print Service operations:
	1. The comment "need to be more specific about the requirements of
the common AAA framework
used by client, CPS, and CPM" points out the need for identifying these
requirements in the "Requirements" sections. It would be very helpful if
someone could outline these.
	2. It is unclear how the other security issue and "Hold for review"
comments apply to this section on Operations.
	3. The minutes are unclear on whether there was any conclusion as to
whether the CPM presents a "Capabilities and status values which are an
intersection or union of capabilities and status of the devices it
represents." as was decided in December. Understood that "the CPS knows
everything the CPM tells it about the output device(s)" the question is,
does the CPM tell the CPS about multiple output derives? Or is it optional
(in which case the operations must still provide for identifying and
distinguishing the characteristics and status of multiple output devices,
and the status of jobs in those devices. I have no objection to this if it
is believed that this improves functionality, but it does add a layer of
complexity. What is consensus?
	4. I am also unclear on "Why are we calling out the CPS's reporting
in the CPM operations?" If this relates to the three or so instances where
the text indicates that CPM information may be included in information that
the CPS returns to the Client, those statements can be deleted if they are
found confusing.
	5. I saw no comment on the question on the depth of the
UpdateFetchableJobs list.

Thanks,
Bill Wagner