[Cloud] [SM3] Cloud FaxIn Service

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Sep 17 18:52:29 UTC 2014

Bill,

On Sep 17, 2014, at 2:33 PM, William A Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I understand your reasoning but  wonder about:
> 1.       FaxIn where the modem is in the Cloud (and therefore setting AvailableFaxInJobTicket via the modeled Cloud Service management interface is valid), but the fax is printed out on as associated Local FaxIn Service.

The FaxIn service definition for this sort of action uses a destination.  It would make a lot more sense to direct the hardcopy to the Cloud Print service associated with the Local Print service than it would to make a Local FaxIn service responsible for delivery/disposition of documents received from the Cloud, assuming we ever had a binding protocol implementing FaxIn.

> 2.       FaxOut where the modem is in the Cloud but input includes scanned copy provided by a Local FaxOut service.
> It would seem that both of these cases span.

But in that case the local FaxOut service is talking directly to the Cloud - the Proxy isn't involved for purposes of our model.