david at lexmark.com david at lexmark.com
Fri Mar 28 09:29:19 EDT 2008

Doh!  Blasted embedded links ...

Just thought I'd point to some interesting stuff related to IDS.

Joel Snyder answers hard questions about NAC deployments. (video)
http://searchsecurity.bitpipe.com/detail/RES/1205872020_947.html?src=wc_ssec_editorial_03_20_08_c&li=102179

Phased NAC deployment for compliance and policy enforcement   --  Short,
most interesting statement:
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid14_gci1305721,00.html?track=NL-422&ad=626398&asrc=EM_NLT_3347160&uid=1568496

      "In fact, almost 30% of respondents to a recent SearchSecurity.com
survey stated that mapping security
      policy requirements to technical controls will be their top
compliance challenge in 2008."

Mike Chapple explains how to make NAC work with your existing security
tools.     (video)
http://searchsecurity.bitpipe.com/data/mp3Player.do?res_id=1205871387_88

As hype subsides, NAC moves ahead   Survey says ...
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid14_gci1301578,00.html

Lots of other stuff at their site.

dhw