IDS> Q) how to apply NAP into MFP?

박희재 hj44.park at samsung.com
Mon Jul 7 02:24:01 EDT 2008

Hello~

My name is Heejae Park, and I am working in Samsung Elec. Corp.

We are very interested in the topic discussed in Imaging Device Security
group.

Although I read most of messages in IDS e-mail archive, I cannot imagine
the integration of NAP with printer(or MFP).

I have no choice but to guess that a MFP is substituted for IPSec or IEEE
802.1x enforcement and new pair of SHA and SHV, which supports specific
security requirements for MFP, are inserted into NAP client and NAP server,
respectively.

Is it right?

Anyway, I am very delighted if someone draws the overall flow and
architecture about how to apply NAP into MFP.

Heejae Park
Digital Media R&D Center,  SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
(Mobile) 010-5000-3276 (Tel) 031-200-3283
hj44.park at samsung.com