IDS> Nov. 6 Agenda - 1pm EST- Call-in Info

IDS> Nov. 6 Agenda - 1pm EST- Call-in Info

IDS> Nov. 6 Agenda - 1pm EST- Call-in Info

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:58:17 EST 2008


Hi,

Next IDS WG teleconference Thursday 6 November 1pm EST

Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300 (Primary)
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-408-856-9570 (Backup)

Attendee Access Code: *******#
Attendee ID Code: # (empty)

If you need the Attendee Access code, please email me a request.

Cheers,
- Ira

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Ira McDonald <blueroofmusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As sent in Dave's HTML message, those links with concatenated (.doc)
> were BROKEN.
>
> Clean links:
>
> Attributes: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idsattributes10-20081023.pdf
>
> NAP Binding: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-ids-napsoh10-20081023.pdf
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira
>
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Dave Whitehead <david at lexmark.com> wrote:
>>
>> Below is the agenda for Thursdays conference call.
>>
>> Please review the updated documents (attributes/NAP Binding) before the
>> meeting and send any comments to the mailing list.
>>
>> Attributes: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-idsattributes10-20081023.pdf
>> (.doc)
>> NAP Binding: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ids/wd/wd-ids-napsoh10-20081023.pdf
>> (.doc)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> dhw
>>
>> David H. Whitehead
>> Development Engineer
>> Lexmark International, Inc.
>> 859.825.4914
>> davidatlexmarkdotcom
>>
>> ========================================
>>
>> IDS Agenda
>>
>> Minutes Taker
>>
>> PWG IP Policy Statement:  Reminder of IP policy.
>>
>> Accept last CC minutes
>>
>> Accept F2F minutes
>>
>> Old Business
>>
>>         Call for Editors.
>>                 Binding document(s) are in need of an Editor.
>>
>>         Review documents
>>                 IDS Attributes
>>                 NAP Binding
>>
>>                 NEA Binding -- need to start
>>
>>                 Attribute Mappings -- need to complete
>>
>> Review Action Items
>>
>>         Joe Murdock will add NAP protocol information to document and update
>> the conformance section.
>>
>>         Randy Turner will try to find other contacts that would be willing
>> to work with the PWG to help deploy NEA         health assessment. (Juniper,
>> Symantec, Cisco are suggested candidates.) Is                 someone
>> willing to sit down with the PWG and "have discussions"?
>>
>>         Questions for Microsoft.
>>
>>         1.  The NAP spec states UTF-8 string encoding and TLV elements.
>>  There is also a statement about strings being NULL terminated.  We believe
>> the NULL terminator was inadvertently                 added since it is not
>> required         for TLV elements.  That is, do we really need NULL
>> termination?
>>
>>         2.  Is it Microsoft's current and future desire/intent/direction for
>> strings to be UTF-8 encoded?
>>
>>         3.  Is Microsoft planning any type of interoperability between NAP
>> and Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) from the TNC?  Maybe a gateway?
>>
>>         4.  What happens when a device passes assessment under one mechanism
>> but then is challenged again?  For example, first over 802.1x to attach and
>> then DHCP to receive an address.  Do         we need to start the assessment
>> again from scratch or is there a shortcut?
>>
>>         5.   It looks like most, if not all, of the evaluation attributes
>> will be extensions to NAP.  The only NAP attribute that may be applicable is
>> the Product Name.  Is it appropriate for the PWG to use         Product Name
>>         or should we define all our attributes as extensions?
>>
>>         6.  How can we get the extended PWG attributes to be recognized by
>> the Microsoft validator/assessor?  Is this a plug-in supplied by a third
>> party?  If this is an industry supported solution,                 would
>> Microsoft be willing to supply any required plug-in?
>>
>>         7.  Just to make sure we understand it, the PWG members would really
>> like someone familiar with NAP to         profile how it would operate with
>> print devices.  Would this be possible?
>>
>>
>> New Business
>>
>> Prototypes
>>
>> Next F2F: December 3-5, Hosted by Samsung.
>>
>> Next CC: November 20 (13th ???)
>>
>> Adjourn
>>
>



More information about the Ids mailing list