IDS> Oct Face-to-face Action Items -- overlooked?

IDS> Oct Face-to-face Action Items -- overlooked?

IDS> Oct Face-to-face Action Items -- overlooked?

Farrell, Lee Lee.Farrell at cda.canon.com
Thu Nov 13 16:19:34 EST 2008


Yes, that's what it seemed.  In the future Minutes, I'll make the "find
other contacts" item the ONGOING one.

Thanks.

lee

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Randy Turner [mailto:rturner at amalfisystems.com] 
> Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:15 PM
> To: Farrell, Lee
> Cc: IDS at pwg.org
> Subject: Re: IDS> Oct Face-to-face Action Items -- overlooked?
> 
> Hi Lee,
> 
> The "find other contacts" action item was the action item I 
> was addressing at today's meeting.  To summarize from the 
> discussion earlier today, I think Symantec and Microsoft are 
> willing to discuss NEA/TNC potential rollouts.  I have 
> "feelers" out to Cisco and Juniper as well and am waiting for 
> a follow-up discussion.  I will try and contact one or more 
> of these folks at the IETF Plenary in Minneapolis.
> 
> Randy
> 
> On Nov 13, 2008, at 11:53 AM, Farrell, Lee wrote:
> 
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > After our teleconference today, I noted from the October 
> face-to- face 
> > Minutes that a few Action Items had not been transferred to the 
> > November 6 teleconference Minutes -- and may have "slipped 
> through the 
> > cracks."  It appears that some of the items about Microsoft 
> may have 
> > been enveloped in Dave's current set of questions to 
> Microsoft in one 
> > of his Action Items, but I'm not sure that they all were.
> >
> > Also, I noted that the first Action Item (Randy's) that we 
> discussed 
> > today had been CLOSED at that meeting. Today we identified it as 
> > "ongoing", but I wonder if the third Action Item below might be the 
> > more appropriate one to reference instead.
> >
> > For future discussion and resolution, the items are:
> >
> > ACTION:   Ron Bergman will send an email to Mike Fenelon and Jerry  
> > Thrasher to query the issue about how to get NAP attributes 
> registered 
> > with Microsoft.
> >
> > ACTION:   Dave Whitehead will attempt to obtain answers from  
> > Microsoft to the following questions:
> >       .   Because there are multiple assessment protocols, is it  
> > conceivable that multiple assessment protocols run simultaneously- 
> > with each requiring independent (i.e., redundant) assessment?
> >
> >         .   How does Microsoft envision the process for remediation?
> >         .   Does Microsoft have any plans for a gateway 
> between NAP  
> > and NEA?
> >
> > ACTION: Randy Turner will try to find other contacts that would be 
> > willing to work with the PWG to help deploy NEA health assessment.
> > (Juniper, Symantec, Cisco are suggested candidates.) Is someone 
> > willing to sit down with the PWG and "have discussions"?
> >
> >
> > lee
> > ===========================
> > Lee Farrell
> > Canon Development Americas
> > 15975 Alton Parkway
> > Irvine, CA 92618-3731
> > (949) 932-3163 - voice
> > (949) 932-3520 - fax
> > lee.farrell at cda.canon.com
> > ===========================
> >
> 
> 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 3982 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.pwg.org/archives/ids/attachments/20081113/5cf8efd0/smime.bin


More information about the Ids mailing list