IDS> Minutes of TCG HCWG phone call

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:03:03 EDT 2009

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the details about the PT abstraction.

All - IETF PB-TNC *does* place specific requirements on the PT
on page 12 of draft-ietf-nea-pb-tnc-03.txt (6 March 2009):

3.3. Layering on PT

   PB-TNC batches are carried over protocol bindings of the PT protocol,
   which provides the interaction between a Posture Transport Client and
   a Posture Transport Server.  PB-TNC counts on PT to provide a secure
   transport.  In particular, PT MUST support mutual authentication of
   the Posture Transport Client and the Posture Transport Server,
   confidentiality and integrity protection for PB-TNC batches, and
   protection against replay attacks.  PB-TNC is unaware of the
   underlying transport protocols being used.  PB-TNC operates directly
   on PT; no further layer of PB-TNC is expected.

Randy - I don't care whether TCG ever answers the mandatory-to-implement
specific PT question - but the IETF NEA WG *MUST* do so in order to fulfill
their charter - there's nothing in their charter about abstract will do.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176