[IDS] MFD Security Alerts in printer MIB

William Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 18:00:09 UTC 2011

Although this was intended to be  a specific query to Peter  Cybuck and  Ron
Nevo, it seems reasonable to put this question before the IDS group as a
whole.  The WIMS group is investigating the updating and completion of the
MFD Alerts effort including security alerts. There will be a project charter
presented for consideration of the PWG membership shortly.

To better scope out this effort and, if the project is approved,  to ensure
proper coverage of security events, the WIMS group is requesting information
from members on the security events associated with an MFD that are
reasonably included in a PrinterMIB Alerts Table, with or without
notifications. Although a consolidated recommendation from the IDS group
would be best, we realize that the IDS group has a lot of other things that
they are working on and would be happy  to process suggestions in the WIMS
group. Please provide your thoughts on the subject to me, at Andrew Mitchell
(WIMS Vice chair)  or to the WIMS mail list (wims at pwg.org), and/or by
participation in the WIMS conference calls and face-to-face sessions.

believed to be clean.