[IDS] Conference call reminder: Monday April 1, 2013

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Apr 1 18:59:57 UTC 2013

Subject: [IDS] Conference call reminder: Monday April 1, 2013

Agenda:
*         Agenda bashing
*         Review Minutes of last conference call
*         Review Action Item status

*         Formal vote status

8 - Votes for Log Spec

7 - Attribute spec

8 - Nap Spec

Latest Spec on S-CAP can be found at

link to the October 2012 TCG TNC SCAP

Messages for IF-M:

http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/resources/tnc_scap_messages_for_ifm

Action Item #

Entry date

Original Due date

Planned date of completion

Actual date of completion

Assignee
[ -> others to
do the same]

Type

Section

Action

Status
A=abandoned
C=complete
H=on hold
P=partial

Disposition

131

12/6/2012

12/6/2012

2/7/2013

IDS WG

HCD-TNC Binding

Look at the list of REQUIRED attributes in Section 5.1, lines 594-600 of
the HCD-TNC Binding spec that could be omitted when using the [PT-EAP]
posture transport protocol and provide any suggested changes in the list
to Ira McDonald before the next IDS Face-to-Face Meeting.

[gwp] Open

1/21/13: Will be completed as part of the Feb 7 IDS Face-to-Face Meeting
2/7/13: Still not started.
3/18/13: Work on this has begun

132

12/6/2012

2/7/2013

Joe Murdock
Randy Turner
Brian Smithson

All

Monitor the TCG's SCAP Mapping spec for implementation in the IDS specs

[gwp] Open

1/21/13:Action is on-going
2/7/13: Still on-going. IDS WG to review the latest spec draft that has
just been made available.
3/18/13: Will require a face-to-face meeting to get this activity going

138

2/7/2013

Ira McDonald

HCD-TNC Binding

Make the changes agreed upon at the 2/7/13 IDS Face-to-Face Meeting to
the HCD-TNC Binding Spec.

[gwp] Open

3/18: Awaiting [PT-EAP] Spec completion

142

2/7/2013

Al Sukert

Send out to the PWG membership an announcement of the PWG final vote for
the PWG-LOG, HCDE-ATTR and HCD-NAP specs once the three specs have been
updated to address the LCRC comments and any comments made at today's
meeting.

[gwp] Complete

Initial announcement sent out. Will have to send out another
announcement because we do not have enough votes yet  to approve the
three specs.

ITEMS ON HOLD APPEAR BELOW:

33

12/10/2009

Ron Nevo

SHV

PWG will contact Symantec (when appropriate) to encourage discussion
with the PWG about a SHV.

No longer blocked waiting for AI #32 so we can send market rationale to
Symantec. Need a volunteer to take over on this task.
Ron Nevo will take this task.

34

12/10/2009

Ron Nevo

Remediation

PWG will investigate Symantec's products and their method(s) to
"remediate noncompliant endpoints."
Ron Nevo will take over this activity. Randy will pass on his contacts
to Ron.

Symantec wants an NDA, but PWG cannot do an NDA; will do a generic
version; should we invite Symantec to a PWG IDS teleconference? Need a
volunteer to take over on this task.
Ron nevo will take over this task.  Need to indicate to Symantec that we
really wdon;t need too much proprietary information from them, but want
to give them our information.  Can we get Symantec to attend the April
meeting in Cupertino?

58

6/11/2010

8/3/2010

Joe Murdock and Ira McDonald

SCCM

Create a first draft SCCM binding spec based on the NAP binding spec

MS is releasing R3 of SCCM and also a beta of "R-next", while at the
same time adding power management; WIMS group may also be interested. On
hold due to priorities.

76

2/3/2011

Bill Wagner, Brian Smithson

MPSA

Data security article: Bill to draft, Brian to finish

believed to be clean.