[IDS] Question regarding PWG 5110.3-2013 - PWG Common Log Format

Rizzo, Christopher Christopher.Rizzo at xerox.com
Wed Apr 29 17:28:20 UTC 2015

Michael,

Thank you for the responses.  All look ok.

Something I just noticed however is that I believe the examples (which
should follow RFC5424 format) are incorrect.  For example:

1. They do not contain all the specified fields.
2. The PRI field is supposed to be surrounded by angle brackets, with
VERSION after PRI with no intervening spaces.
3. There may be other issues with the examples, I have not studied them in
greater detail.

Sorry for not pointing this out sooner...  Not sure how much this matters,
but the examples in the spec cause a bit of confusion.

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher Rizzo
Xerox Corporation MS 7060-368