Are "embellishments" really desirable right now?

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Nov 22 18:11:54 EST 1996

I agree, lets avoid ratholes.

Looks like we should probably avoid adding an emplishments attribute
as a separate job attribute right now.

Bob is happy with the four values for number-up and making it a
type3Enum: "none", "1", "2", and "4".  Bob wrote:

>I agree with Tom that if the values of number-up are really an enum with
values >of none, 1, 2, 4, then 'none' means normal printing and 1, 2 and 4 mean
>default embellishments with 1, 2 or 4 pages per impression.
>The embellishments attribute is an extra if we believe that printers
>support multiple embellishments.

Anyone objection out there if we don't add an emblishments job attribute
for version 1.0?

Tom