IPP> Printer Instance Creation/Installation

Don Wright don at lexmark.com
Fri Dec 6 01:15:49 EST 1996

One of the things we talk about in the requirements
document is that a means is needed to create a local
instance of the printer.  In the PC world, that means a
logical printer is created on the desktop and a driver is
installed.  We have spent a lot of time talking about
the protocol but I haven't seen any significant work in
defining

- how printer instances are created
- how printer drivers for a specific printer are found
- how the drivers and supporting files are downloaded
- how these drivers and files are installed
- etc.

Is this something we need to put in the "scenarios
document" Carl-Uno mentioned during Wednesday's conference
call?

Probably a good topic for dinner discussion.

Don

* Don Wright (don at lexmark.com)        Lexmark International *
* Manager                               Strategic Alliances *
* 740 New Circle Rd                     Phone: 606-232-4808 *
* Lexington, KY  40511                    Fax: 606-232-6740 *