IPP> Revised Charter Text for IPP

Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no Harald.T.Alvestrand at uninett.no
Sun Dec 29 14:19:32 EST 1996

The fundamental difference that hasn't been mentioned so far between
the "print" paradigm and the "fax" paradigm is that in the "print"
paradigm, I generally want to create hard copy for my own use, on
equipment that I have some control over (usually controlled by the same
organization).

In the "fax" case, I usually want to move an image into equipment owned
by someone else, and they have the right to have a VERY heavy influence
on how it is handled.

Let's get away from discussing overlap in the abstract and back to
discussing the specific printer charter; I haven't yet seen a charter
that I'd be willing to approve, so at the moment there is nothing to
overlap with.

                Harald A