IPP> Why IPP

Manish Thakur manish at teil.soft.net
Mon Oct 27 09:14:00 EST 1997

Hello,
        there are already network printing solutions from a few vendors
which provide a number of features which are supported by IPP such as:
a)Ability to find/use printers on the network and to find their
capabilities
b)Protocol to suport both printer & print server configuration
c)Secured network transport for print data
What are the features apart from interoperability in which IPP scores
over proprietary solutions such as NDPS (from Novell) and infoprint
(from IBM). I'd be thankfull to anyone who can provide me some info on
this.

Regards
Manish Thakur