IPP> Lost print Jobs

Bill Wagner bwagner at digprod.com
Tue Jan 7 15:55:45 EST 1997

     This seems a reasonable question and a valid response. I am not
     pleased with the response and its implications. How large is a maximum
     size job? Do we provide some ipp mechanism to flag overflow errors?
     Does an IPP printer  need a hard  disk?  Or are we indeed goin to NT's
     being used as IPP servers (which I though was the opposite the desired
     direction?) Is IPP really going to be universal or just high end? Is
     this spool requirement a result of the HTTP selection? Would HTTP 1.1
     chunkyness aleviate the problem? Do others have questions about whther
     this is really the optimum approach?