Please review the document ipp-scn-3.pdf and post any issues you have with it.
In today's phone conference we will set a date for all comments to be due.
I would like to then follow up with a phone conference to close those issues.
(I am not saying this is the last step. It will get the MOD group and the
requirements spec writers some input.)
1) (page 5) Is the cost per page tied to the media it is printed on?
Do we define some standard for determining the cost of a page?
2) (page 6) Is information that is as variable as the media-ready
stored in the Name Service?
3) (page 7) How is "near my hotel" done? Is there a required format
for printer location in the schema?
4) (page 10) The client should be able to ask either the printer or
the Name service for the location of the driver/driver installer.
The client should negotiate with the driver/driver installer server
for the appropriate version.
5) (page 15) How do you determine the notification methods supported
by the printer? What is the set of notification methods for IPP?
6) (page 21) Are we going to use URLs to name files to be pulled to printer?
7) (page 31) Are hold and release IPP v1 operations?