Raymond Lutz raylutz at cognisys.com
Mon Jan 27 18:17:31 EST 1997

Here is the document that I promised. It was submitted as an I-D since it
has general usefulness for other groups and may eventually be submitted to
the media-types list. I haven't seen any rocks thrown at it yet.
-Raymond

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>Sender:ietf-announce-request at ietf.org
>From: Internet-Drafts at ietf.org
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt
>Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 09:33:57 -0500

> directories.
>
>       Title     : MIME media-types for Print Formats
>       Author(s) : R. Lutz
>       Filename  : draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt
>       Pages     : 15
>       Date      : 01/09/1997
>
>This memo defines media-type designators for various printer control file
>formats which are popularly used in the industry, and proposes a means to
>correlate the printer interpreter types as specified in the Printer MIB
>(RFC-1759).
>
>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>     "get draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
>
>     o  Africa:  ftp.is.co.za
>
>     o  Europe:  ftp.nordu.net
>                 ftp.nis.garr.it
>
>     o  Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
>
>     o  US East Coast: ds.internic.net
>
>     o  US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
>
>Send a message to:  mailserv at ds.internic.net. In the body type:
>     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt".
>
>NOTE: The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
>      MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>      feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>      command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>      a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>      exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>      "multipart" MIME messages (i.e., documents which have been split
>      up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>      how to manipulate these messages.
>

>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
>of the Internet-Draft.
>
><ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-lutz-print-types-00.txt>

** Raymond Lutz                             Voice: 619-447-3246
** Director R & D, Cognisys, Inc.           Fax:   619-447-6872
** EC Chair, MFPA                           MFPA:  1-800-603-MFPA
** 1010 Old Chase Ave., Suite B             mailto:raylutz at cognisys.com
** El Cajon (San Diego Co.), CA 92020 USA   http://www.cognisys.com
**                                          http://www.mfpa.org