rdebry at us.ibm.com rdebry at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 12 13:16:46 EST 1997

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: rdebry at us.ibm.com
phone: 1-303-924-4080

At last weeks security meeting in El Segundo, we discussed several possible
configurations for printing, one which was a client behind one firewall and the
printer behind another, different firewall. For example, I want to send a copy
of
an internet draft to a public printer at Xerox and have Carl-Uno pick it up.

It seems that this kind of operation requires some additional job attributes,
like
o who the output is for
o what that person's address is
o how to deliver it
o instructions to notify the intended recipient when print is complete
o etc ...

any thoughts???