IPP> ADM - Co-chair for IPP WG in IETF

rdebry at us.ibm.com rdebry at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 17 09:44:21 EST 1997

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Roger K deBry
Senior Techncial Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: rdebry at us.ibm.com
phone: 1-303-924-4080

I have no objection, I've known Steve for many years and I think he would do a
great job.
---------------------- Forwarded by Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM on 02/17/97 07:53
AM ---------------------------

        ipp-owner @ pwg.org
        02/14/97 06:09 PM

To: ipp @ pwg.org at internet
cc:
Subject: IPP> ADM - Co-chair for IPP WG in IETF

In some correspondence that I have had with Harald as Area Director, he has
indicated that he would like to get one more person as co-chair for the
EITF WG on IPP, before making his final recommendation about our WG status.

After looking at some possible candidates, Harald indicated that he would
be happy to see Steve Zilles from Adobe in the co-chair role, as Steve has
already made a number of friends in the IETF over the last few years.

After some discussion with Steve, he has now offered to step into the role.

I would personally feel very comfortable with Steve at my side, as he is an
experienced expert on printing as well as on standardization, but to ensure
that we are all agreed on this, I would like to hear if anybody has any
objections to Steve taking on the co-chair position.

Regards,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com