IPP> MOD - Push back on simplifying Print operation response

IPP> MOD - Push back on simplifying Print operation response

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Feb 21 16:01:23 EST 1997

> From babakj at MICROSOFT.com Thu Feb 20 15:39:00 1997
>

> Isn't what you call "print submission GUI" the everyday applications
> people use? like Word, Excel, Corel, Quicken. etc. etc.?
>
> So I wouldn't plan on changing any of it!
>
> Babak

I hadn't planned on changing the print submission GUI in Windows, but
the design is intended to allow Unix and possibly Java clients to submit
jobs with IPP attributes which a receiving Printer (i.e. Print Server)
can process.

We are unfortunately caught in a world where Windows client do attribute
processing and Unix servers sometimes need to do attribute processing
because Unix clients don't.

Bob Herriot