Keith_Carter at aussmtp.austin.ibm.com Keith_Carter at aussmtp.austin.ibm.com
Thu Feb 27 16:37:55 EST 1997

  Model Team,

  Here are the descriptions of additional text formatting attributes for
  the issue on
  page 33 of the 1.4 spec.   I started the section numbers based on version
  1.4 of
  the spec.

  5.2.8.15  font-style (type2Enum)

  This job attribute specifies the style of the font to use for all text in
  the document.

  The standard values are:

    normal       The characters are upright.
    bold            The characters are bolded or highlighted.
    italic            The characters are italicized.
    bold-italic  The characters are bolded and italicized.

    NOTE TO MODEL TEAM:  There are more styles but I tried to list the most
  common
    styles to hit the 80-20 rule so we don't spend too much time on this
  matter.

  5.2.8.16 insert-line-numbers (boolean)

    This job attribute specifies that the lines should be numbered in the
  document.  Line
    numbers will appear throughout the document on the left side of each
  printed line.

  5.2.8.17 text-border (boolean)

    This job attribute specifies that a border should be drawn around each
  logical text
    block within the text document.  The border shall be drawn throughout
  the text
    document on each page.  A logical text block can be the entire page or
  a column.

    The standard values are:

      yes   Draw a border.
      no     Do not draw a border.

  5.2.8.18 word-wrap (boolean)

    This job attribute specifies how long lines are printed in the
  document.

    The standard values are:

      yes   Any text that extends beyond the right margin is moved to the
  next print line.
      no     Any text that extends beyond the right margin is truncated at
  the right margin.

  5.2.8.19 file-name (boolean)

    This job attribute automatically prints the file name of a document on
  each logical
    page.  The file name appears throughout the document at a location on
  the page
    determined by an implementation.

    The standard values are:

      yes   Print the file name on each logical page.
      no     Do not print the file name on each logical page.

  5.2.8.20 file-date (boolean)

    This job attribute automatically prints the file date of a document on
  each logical
    page.  The file date appears throughout the document at a location on
  the page
    determined by an implementation.

    The standard values are:

      yes   Print the file date on each logical page.
      no     Do not print the file date on each logical page.

  5.2.8.21 file-time (boolean)

    This job attribute automatically prints the file time of a document on
  each logical
    page.  The file time appears throughout the document at a location on
  the page
    determined by an implementation.

    The standard values are:

      yes   Print the file time on each logical page.
      no     Do not print the file time on each logical page.

    NOTE TO MODEL TEAM.  Support for file-name, file-date and file-time
  requires that
    these values be passed with a print job so the IPP Printer can place
  this information
    on each page.  We might assert job-name has file-name.  File
  information is useful
    so an end-user remembers what file they printed.  I suppose if a
  Printer prints an
    HTML file by reference, then the file-name is the URL of the file.  I'm
  not sure how to
    get file-date and file-time in that case.

  Let's discuss at our telecon on Friday, 2/28.

  Keith