IPP>PRO ideas for protocol meeting agenda (please comment)

IPP>PRO ideas for protocol meeting agenda (please comment)

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Mar 5 22:15:11 EST 1997

At the moment, I think that the agenda should be driven by the main
outstanding issues.  The five that we have inherited from the main
group do not seem to be high level issues to solve immediately.  I have
written down some high level issues that I think we need to resolve.

I suggest that our agenda be to resolve these issues.

If anyone has other ideas about the agenda or additional issues, please send
them by 5pm PST Thursday 3/6.

I see this meeting taking very different directions depending on the
answers to some of the issues below.

Issues:

   Do we first define a generic mapping (e.g. MIME) which in turn is mapped
   to one or more protocols? If not MIME, then what?

   What are the specifics of this mapping?

      Mapping of operations and parameters to protocol

      Mapping of attributes and values to protocol.

   Is HTML supported as a separate generic mapping?

   Is one protocol HTTP?

   Is there another, such as over a socket.

Bob Herriot