IPP> TES How are we going to do this?

Zehler,Peter Peter_Zehler at wb.xerox.com
Mon Mar 10 14:44:56 EST 1997

All,
   I am curious on what are the collective thoughts, plans, ideas,
 proposals,...etc.
for working together towards IPP prototypes.

To start off:
1) We should establish the capability of "internet bake-offs".  Anyone
 interested
        in working on a prototype should make their IPP printer
 available on the net.
2) There should be dates set for "milepost internet bake-offs" as well
 as continuous
         access to our developing prototypes.
3) Is there a desire to develop a standard redirector?  If there is how will we
        pursue this goal?
4) Are we going to have a utility to test IPP conformance?  How would that be
        implemented?
5) Can printing from an application be considered a primary goal for an IPP
        prototype?

I realize that with so much IPP definition work left to do this may be a
bit premature.  We have a number of companies that have already
started.  I want us all to be heading relatively in the same direction.
Pete