I am curious on what are the collective thoughts, plans, ideas,
for working together towards IPP prototypes.
To start off:
1) We should establish the capability of "internet bake-offs". Anyone
in working on a prototype should make their IPP printer
available on the net.
2) There should be dates set for "milepost internet bake-offs" as well
access to our developing prototypes.
3) Is there a desire to develop a standard redirector? If there is how will we
pursue this goal?
4) Are we going to have a utility to test IPP conformance? How would that be
5) Can printing from an application be considered a primary goal for an IPP
I realize that with so much IPP definition work left to do this may be a
bit premature. We have a number of companies that have already
started. I want us all to be heading relatively in the same direction.