IPP> MOD - 3/14 Telecon info

Scott A. Isaacson Scott_Isaacson at novell.com
Thu Mar 13 14:21:43 EST 1997

The Model subgroup will have a teleconference:

Friday, 3/14/97
2-4 MST
(719) 444-0803
code: 321204

Agenda:

1. Review Open issues list
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/model-issues.pdf

- optional vs mandatory attributes
- Issues 30, 35, 36, 37, 41
- Talk about device ID
- Internationalization issues
- 68: How do we satisfy the new "receive status while printing" req
- 69: Do we need more operations?
- Review Peter's two new attributes (see email)
- Do we have an availability tag to supported "intended-to-be-ready"
- 74: Add compression and encryption per doc/job?
- Close 75 and 76 as per discussion on 3/12 telecon
- 77, 78

2 Review version 1.6 of the model doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-1.5-rev.pdf
Section 5

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-model-1_6-rev.pdf
Sections Abstract, 1, 2, 3, 4.1

- Start attribute by attribute review
- Look for conformance issues
- Look for areas to consolidate - correlate - transitions

The next version of the document will be 1.7 and it will have all revisions
in it.  If you have rewrites of various parts, please keep your revisions to
specific sections and either email the section or email the whole doc with
some information about what sections are modified (or ftp put any of the
above and email about the posting).

I will be working on Section 4 over the next few days.

Scott