IPP> PRO - Suggested text for form-data

Larry Masinter masinter at parc.xerox.com
Wed Apr 2 01:07:28 EST 1997

Tom,

The short answer is that there isn't any way that I can think
of to represent IPP attribute tag adornments. A 'tag adornment'
is really just a different kind of value.

The way to think about how you would encode job parameters
in form-data is to think how you would design a form that
would ask a user for the job parameters. I would guess, for
example, you might have a field called "number-of-pages"
and a value which is a number, and then a check box that says
"number-of-pages-overrides" which says that the document data
might override the job data.

--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter