IPP> HTTP transport for IPP

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 11 16:06:17 EDT 1997

> From rdebry at us.ibm.com Fri Apr 11 10:27:02 1997
>
> RKD> I guess my simple mind finds it hard to grasp why
> RKD> we have one object, a print job, to which we give a
> RKD> different name, depending upon what action we
> RKD> are taking on that object.

My simple mind has the same problem.  I expect a one-to-one
correspondence between a URL and an object, be it a printer
or job object.  I don't expect a particular object, such as
a job, to have 3 URLs even buried in the protocol. It adds
complexity to the protocol and probably ends up being hard
to hide from an end-user.

Bob Herriot