JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Mon May 5 18:17:20 EDT 1997

Bob,

> So we are stuck if we want to support today's technology before IPP
> output devices arrive.

If existing print drivers are considered "today's technology", then
today's technology won't know anything about IPP, correct?

Perhaps I'm missing something, then.  Does anyone think that IPP is
being designed such that today's print drivers can submit jobs to
an IPP Printer?

Maybe that's where I'm getting confused.  I'm making the assumption
that to drive an IPP Printer, you need an IPP-aware print driver.
Is this assumption incorrect?

	...jay