Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Mon May 12 09:58:14 EDT 1997

Bob, I'm glad that someone else finally realizes that we need
something in the IPP layer to help with recovery. If you would
Jose PWG meeting, you will see that what we are getting very
close to that proposal. However, that proposal used a
sequence number, rather than byte range.  I believe that
byte range is definate overkill, and a sequence number
would be simpler (especially for a re-director) to
generate.