IPP>MOD May 14 MOD meeting

Administrator root at truespectra.com
Wed May 21 15:43:35 EDT 1997

On further reflection of some of the discussions and decisions made during t=
he =
MOD meeting at StarTech, I believe we may have been too hasty in deleting th=
e =
Font parameter requirements and relegating them to the printer MIB. Fonts ar=
e =
not always a property of the printer and in many cases may be rendered by th=
e =
OS or other software. I think that fonts are an installed capability no =
different from a stapler attachment, media type, sides, finishing capabiliti=
es =
and should be specifiable on job submission. Further, specifying font =
substitutions is not much different than saying to pint the letter size =
document on A4 or legal because thats what is available. =

Can we put this back in? Comments?

Rob Kline