Scott Lawrence lawrence at agranat.com
Fri Jun 6 10:20:37 EDT 1997

LM> I think that you might want to allow a 'reference'
LM> to be a compound attribute consisting of a URL (the
LM> location of the referenced resource) and the credentials
LM> (the authority by which the reference is being accessed),

  Without quoting all of it, I agree completely with Larrys suggestion
  to formulate print-by-reference to allow including 'transferable'
  credentials (there are security schemes out there that include such
  things).  If there are no credentials supplied, the request
  degenerates to my suggestion that the printer provide credentials of
  its own, etc...

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence at agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/