IPP> Resolutions

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Jun 6 20:06:30 EDT 1997

The IPP solution using keywords is nearly the same as the text solution
you are proposing. Since the protocol implements keywords as character
strings, the only difference between your text proposal and the current
IPP solution is that someone has to register each new resolution as a
type2 keyword.

Perhaps, what you are saying tacitly is that because the format for
such keywords is Int or IntxInt where each Int value has a well defined
meaning, we could just as well define resolution as a new syntax type and
allow printer vendors to use new values of Int without the need to
register them.

Comments?

Bob Herriot