IPP> Re: draft-mutz-http-attributes-02.txt

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 9 10:31:47 EDT 1997

I know this must be an area of "clash" between DPA and the Printer MIB, but
wouldn't it be a good idea to  establish a convention which is compatible with
RFC1759 regarding Feed and CrossFeed marker addressability?

------- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 06/09/97 08:23 AM ------

        ipp-owner at pwg.org
        06/06/97 08:19 PM
Please respond to ipp-owner at pwg.org @ internet

To: njoffe at cisco.com @ internet, masinter at parc.xerox.com @ internet,
Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM @ internet
cc: ipp at pwg.org @ internet, MONTULLI at netscape.com @ internet,
MUTZ at hplms26.hpl.hp.com @ internet, dwing at cisco.com @ internet,
andy_mutz at hp.com @ internet
Subject: Re: IPP> Re: draft-mutz-http-attributes-02.txt

Your solution below requires new, more complicated mechanisms for relating
pairs of attributes.  All this is just for solving a problem for one
attribute. We have tried to keep the rules for attributes simple.

I think it is simpler to have resolution be a set of keywords, than to
have some complex mechanism for relating two attributes or to add some
new value syntax for integerOrPairOfIntegers.

Bob Herriot