don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Wed Jun 11 17:37:56 EDT 1997

Roger Debry said:
> Don, I got lost trying to follow your first paragraph. Perhaps you can
> provide more details. Maybe its just to early in the morning for me! :-)
It is very easy to create a "fill in the blank" form that allows the user
to tell the server where the document is located, e.g. provide the
URL.  This filled out form can then kick off a CGI script or whatever
other means is available to execute a program of some kind to
go off, fetch the requested file, and then add it to the server's
job queue.  Alternatively, this process could be done on a
different server and submitted via IPP to the desired print
server.

The who issue with this concept is that doing it is easy for the
human being but much more difficult to do programmatically.

Is my explanation a little better?

Don