IPP> Re: draft-mutz-http-attributes-02.txt

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Thu Jun 19 14:34:09 EDT 1997

At 07:31 06/09/97 PDT, Harry Lewis wrote:
>I know this must be an area of "clash" between DPA and the Printer MIB, but
>wouldn't it be a good idea to  establish a convention which is compatible with
>RFC1759 regarding Feed and CrossFeed marker addressability?

The problem with having an IPP attribute that is so physical that relates
to the feed direction, is that some printers feed long edge first and
some feed short edge first (and some do either depending on how the
input tray is set up).  The requester should not have to know how the
printer is currently configured, but should be able to specify attributes
in a more printer independent and configuration independent manner.

Tom