IPP>PRO proposed tweak to protocol

JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Thu Jul 10 18:35:41 EDT 1997

One of the problems I (and others) have had with much of the IPP
verbage on the list is the lack of clear examples to back up the
various proposals.  This appears to be true for this new "tweak"
proposal as well.

One of the things I really liked about the SWP drafts is that the
authors took the time to literally spell out real-world examples
of the various encodings.

Bob, can you post a couple of encoding examples, where each example
is shown using the current agreed upon encoding *and* your new
"tweaked" form?  Your effort would be greatly appreciated by those
of us who are currently inundated by work on other, related printer
standards efforts.

	...jay