IPP>MOD - missing job template attributes

Jim Walker walker at dazel.com
Fri Jul 18 16:17:28 EDT 1997

At 12:41 PM 7/18/97 -0700, Robert Herriot wrote:

>> From rdebry at us.ibm.com Fri Jul 18 10:39:24 1997

>> Orientation  (portrait or landscape)
>
>This is suitable for conversion, e.g. text to PostScript but not
>for printing PostScript directly. We dropped it when we dropped
>all text conversion attributes, under the assumption that we would
>not specify attributes that deal with conversion issues.

I disagree that `orientation' is not useful for printing PostScript
directly... remember that we also support `number-up'.  In the case
of number-up > 1, orientation can be a very useful hint for ordering
the logical pages on a physical page.  If you do not believe me, then
apply some naive number-up code to a portrait and a landscape document,
and look at the results.

This is admittably on the low 20% end of the solution scale, but it *is*
important as a hint if you are really going to support number-up processing.

...walker

--
Jim Walker <walker at dazel.com>
System Architect/DAZEL Wizard