Roger K Debry rdebry at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 21 09:54:56 EDT 1997

>There should be an OPTIONAL job attribute may-ignore-attributes which
>is set by the parameter may- ignore-attributes. This attribute is
>MANDATORY if Create-Job is supported because Send-Document and Send-URI
>use the value set by Create-Job. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect it to be
>implemented.  It would be useful in a future resubmit-job operation

Now let me see, if I understand .... we don't like the concept of best-effort
as an attribute, so
we rename it, make it a parameter, then add an optional job attribute with the
same name,
and then have the parameter set the attribute, except sometimes the attribute
(or is it the
parameter) is mandatory.  Did I get it right??????

Excuse me, but I think we just added a ton of confusion and didn't change
things one bit!