IPP>MOD - Job Identifier

Caruso,Angelo Angelo_Caruso at wb.xerox.com
Mon Jul 21 17:36:03 EDT 1997

Bob,

I agree.

Thanks,
Angelo Caruso

----------
From: ipp-owner at pwg.org
To: ipp at pwg.org;  rdebry at us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: IPP>MOD - Job Identifier
Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 2:10PM

I sent the following on Friday. I hope that we all agree the two paragraphs
below.

So, I think that we are in agreement that the model and protocol documents
should state that the operations whose target is a Printer shall include
a parameter called printer-uri and operations whose target is a job shall
include a parameter called job-uri.

Randy suggests that the value of job-uri/printer-uri could differ from
the request-uri on the HTTP Request-Line, but the model has no such
concept.  So unless there are strong arguments to the contrary, the
protocol document will state that the request-uri has the same value
as the printer-uri/job-uri in the operation.

Bob Herriot