IPP> Document attributes

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Tue Sep 23 19:44:53 EDT 1997

> From jkm at underscore.com Mon Sep 22 17:03:31 1997
>
> Bob,
>
> Sorry, but there are *lots* of Unix systems that can accept jobs
> having documents with multiple data formats.

What Unix systems offer this feature?

In my previous email, I stated that the Solaris spooler does not.  It
is based on AT&T System V and many other Unix spoolers are based on the
same code. It is possible that other vendors have removed the single
document-format restriction, though considering the required changes,
I doubt it.

The BSD LPD spooler and LPD protocols support multiple formats per job,
so these systems accept jobs with multiple data formats. But the BSD lpr
command does not give access to this feature. It is possible that some
vendors have enhanced the lpr command, but I am not aware of such
changes.

Bob Herriot