Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Sep 26 17:03:02 EDT 1997

Bob has another solution that would keep the "document-name" attribute
as an operational attribute:  drop the returning of the "job-name"
attribute on a Print-Job or Create-Job response, so that the Printer
could wait until the first Send-Document/Send-URI operation to form
the "job-name" if the client didn't supply the "job-name".

So a job might not have a job-name between the Create-Job operation
and the first Send-Document/Send-URI operation, which would usually
be a very short time.

On the other hand, what was wrong with mandating the client supplying
the "job-name" which the client could get from the first document?

Either approach is fine with me.

Tom